Friday, October 23, 2009

LUV Southwest

So, very very early this morning we left PA for CO...you guessed it, a little anniversary get-a-way to Estes Park, Colorado! It's been 9 wonderful (ok I said it) years...even though I only got 3 hours of sleep last, 1 on the way to BWI and 1.5 on the plane, I was super excited to be able to spend a couple days w/ my hub and also with my computer to SCRAP!!! I have several pages to complete for my CTs, so I managed to get 4 done on the airplane. GO SOUTHWEST! The flight was smooth and surprisingly not full so we had 3 seats to ourselves.

After we landed and got to the Alamo counter the interesting things started. Seriously friends, we need a reality TV show so bad...if they could have seen us (ME) in the rental car parking lot today. We rented a full size car, got to the lot and the choices were Hyundai, Mazda, Dodge and Toyota. All very good cars, but this Mama is used to driving a big honkin' SUV and these cars were little. Our first choice was the Mazda 6, no offense to anyone who has one, but when I got in the driver seat - it was super small...and no sunroof, so we decided that since it was going to be a beautiful couple of days we wanted a sunroof. So we unloaded and choose the Hyundai instead. Loaded up, opened the sunroof, hooked up the IPod, and low and behold I caught sight of a VW Bug sitting behind us as we were pulling out. Immediately I put it in forward and pulled back into the parking spot and was like, "Wouldn't it be fun to have the Beetle Bug instead?" Dave was like ,"WHAT?" So I got out and went to the checker lady and asked her if we could switch since it was in the compact spot and we had already paid for the fullsize? So...we unloaded again and fit all our luggage in the tiney tiny trunk and the backseat and happily pulled away in the Beetle Bug. The funniest thing about changing 3 cars before we pulled out was that when I suggested the Bug to Dave, after his initial sarcasm since it would be the 3rd car we would load was this, "What about snow, that car is rear-wheel drive." I bursted out laughing, they haven't been rear-wheel drive since what, the 70's? LOL

So finally, away we went speeding down an open highway toward the Rocky Mountains! It was sunny and beautiful today. Our cabin is pretty nice, very big and has it's own private hot tub on the deck in the back. You can sit in it and listen to the roaring stream...tomorrow we got Elk hunting and Big Horn Sheep spotting!

Enjoy...I'm off to the hot tub!



Girl Boheme Studio's - Indian Summer Kit



Pretty Pixels - Copacetic Kit



Pretty Pixels Kit - Cheeky Monkey



1 comment:

Tina said...

your san francisco LO is one of my favorites!! love the b&w mixed with color! great work jules...enjoy the hot tub :)