



I'm working on finishing up my mini-San Francisco album. A few of these pages are fairly new. I hope to scrap this week. The kids have alot of activities and we've been tired at night. It's a first today as the laundry is on the last load and it's all put away with the exception of what I folded tonight. Tomorrow I'll be laundry FREE for two whole days! Yippee, that is something worth celebrating! Five kids and a husband makes for ALOT of laundry people! We had a very fun weekend...Friday night we had dinner with some friends and it was a blast. The man who hosted cooked up a Texas feast, we had ribs, turkey legs, chicken and brisket...baked beans, roasted potatos, crab/cheese dip, and mandarin orange cake. It was super yummy! Thanks Reed Family, you ROCK! The highlight of the night was going into JR's man cave and playing pinball. I LOVE PINBALL...what fantastic fun! Saturday night we headed to First Saturday in Frederick, MD with the Briggs Family. Now the Briggs (and they are reading this) are like our adopted brother/sister-in-laws complete with niece and nephew. We love their kids and we love how much fun we have together laughing and picking on each other. The funny thing is that John and Pam (Reed) are actually real-life brother and sister, so we spend a lot of time with both of their families. Anyway, Frederick was awesome. I never knew how cool the city was, the boutiques, the streets, the restaurants and breweries. It was a blast, I can't wait to go back!
Sadly, the weekend halted with a very tragic accident and the death of a well known and loved wonderful local high school student, Kacy Straub. It was wierd because 1) we were her neighbor when we lived in Scot-Greene and 2) the acciden happened at the same spot where Jordan totaled my Honda van almost 3 years ago..hence the photos below.




Today a friend told a story that last week she was in Quizno's with her son and when she got to the checkout she discovered she did not have enough cash or her wallet, something like that, and Kacy was behidn her in line and gave her $2.00 and told her not worry about paying it back. My friend thought she was such a nice wonderful young lady. If her Mom only knew how well she raised her, this is a testimony to her loving home and wonderful upbringing. She will be missed.
I thank God daily for our safety, my family's safety and for his direction and guidance. I constantly pray for Jordan's decisions to be guided by God and for his protection over him. I am so grateful that on that cold January day when I answered the phone, it was Jordan who said, "Mom, I totaled your van." I cannot tell you how saddened I am for the Straubs. I'm praying for strength for the Straub Family, please keep them in your prayers as the coming days will be very difficult. And go hug your kids and tell them how much you love them!!!
Have a good week my friends! May God's blessings shower you with grace and mercy.
No comments:
Post a Comment