Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Birthday Mania

Although today is my 39th birthday...and it was a WONDERFUL day!!! The past couple months we've had a whirlwind of birthdays that I have yet to blog about. Let's start with me since it is April 20th! I was dreading this day for the last year. Seriously, it's the last year of a wonderful decade of firsts...
  • experiencing a loss that breaks your heat in half and then binds it back together by God's grace and love
  • having a daughter
  • being a mother of mulitple children
  • earning a master's degree
  • owning/building/selling a beach house
  • dealing with a teenager
  • transitioning from careerwoman to stay-at-home mom
  • teaching at a university
  • my oldest son's high school graduation
  • oldest son getting his driver's license and first car crash
  • experiencing the 'letting go' effect for a child
  • seeing our oldest child, my step-daughter, get married
  • a deepening close growing relationship with the Lord
  • going to Europe

My memory isn't the greatest anymore, but those are some memorable firsts! It's been agreat, with some ups and downs, but I plan on taking the 30s out in style. So if you are wondering why I'm decked out or wearing things I normally would not, that's why! I've been interval running to build up my stamina again and it's actually working so it has been motivating me to run more and more. I love the feeling of looser clothes and feeling better all around.

Dave and I are going to Paris in July and we're taking Sophia with us, so we're super excited about the trip! Neither of us has ever been to Paris; Dave has traveled extensively around Asia and Africa, and some of Europe. We've been talking about this for years so we decided it's time.

Today for me was just wonderful. But my birthday really started on Sunday with a wonderful brunch surprise from my besties in Frederick, MD. We had topis/tapis(?) and it was so yummy!!! The best part was just being with my friends...no kids just us...So today topped it off with a very awesome and freeing bible study, then lunch with my Moms Club friends (who are the BEST), next getting passport photos taken, then dance team photos, and out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse with the family. The kids even made me a cake on Sunday! And in a few days I'll be headed to my all time fave the Cheesecake Factory for lunch with another one of my besties! Yummy

But the last few months we've had an array of birthdays to celebrate and being lame, I haven't posted a darn thing about them. Lily turned 4 in January, Dave turned __ in March (like how I left that blank!), and Sophia turned 7 in March too. Here are some photos of each! Unfortunately no photos of moi...maybe I can coax my funky photographer friend to take some for me!






1 comment:

Ms Gladys said...

You had a blast of a decade. I am sure as you enter another decade next year, more blessings will come and you will be able to blog more about it. My prayer for you is for joy and strength of character and of faith as you continue to face the challenges of a blending family.