Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Countdown

The wreaths are up, the lights are blinking and the decor is about everywhere! I even bought the dog a Santa coat, which I'll debut later next week...I'm sure he will be just thrilled! We stated off December with a bang and a boom on the Advent front. I got each boy a Lego Advent Calendar and the girls the chocolate countdowns. Oliver just doesn't get it. He ripped open every window in his Lego calendar and now the pieces are everywhere. This morning he decided to destroy Lily's chocolate countdown and ate half the candy. Needless to say, she was NOT happy! Tomorrow I'm off to Target again to get a replacement for her.



Next the tree..I LOVE Christmas so much I have many trees in the house. Yes I got alot crazy! I'll post some photos this weekend, but the count is this: 1) white tree in the formal living room along with a smaller country tree, 2) living tree in kitchen and tiny tree w/ nativity, 3) Radko mini tree in entryway, 4) each child has a tree in their room (Isaac & Oliver a silver Cars tree, Lily & Sophia each have their own pink princess tree), 5) snowman tree in the basement, 6) small Longaberget tree in living room. And for the big finale, the Showalter Family Christmas Tree...this year I decided I didn't want to deal w/ the needles and all the mess of the ornaments falling off due to wilting branches. I went to Hobby Lobby, Lowe's, KMart and Target and couldn't find one tree that satisfied me. From there I went online...finally found one at QVC on a special Cyber Monday deal. It came, it was a piece of crap, it was broken, and it was boxed back up and is going back tomorrow (full refund baby!)So the search went on...and on...and on...and I finally settled on a blue spruce from Balsam Hill Tree Farm. It was a bit more expensive than the QVC tree but it got great reviews and blue spruce is my favorite.



Our little beach vaca over Thanksgiving was fantastic. Here is the link to the photos if you want to check out what we did...BHI PHOTOS. The best part of our trip was seeing Erin and hanging out with her and also reconnecting with some friends we haven't seen in 3 years since we sold our house. It was truly a wonderful get-a-way.



Back at the ranch, I've done finished my Christmas shopping. I've been wrapping an hour here and there, hiding the toys and moving them around. Oliver found one of my spots and I had to drag it all somewhere else in the house. I'm so excited for the kids' this year, I've choosen some awesome gifts for them. It's going to be fun!!!



Well...later friends...be merry

No comments: