Thursday, December 11, 2008

Twas the Night Before...TTTTIIIIMMMBBBEEERRR!!!!

Twas the night before Christmas (at 2am a few days before)
and all through the house, not a creature was stirring
except for Jordan finding food all around...
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
in hopes that Mommy wouldn't forget to go to Target this year...
I in my flannels and Dave in his sleep attack
had just settled in for a long late night sack...
When what to our wondering ears should we hear?
But the sound of a thump and a jingle downstairs...
Jordan raced from the kitchen with a knief in his hand
and exclaimed, "Mom, Dave, someone's in the house OH MAN!"
On Jordan, On Dave, I fear such a disaster, as we all ran downstairs
to see the tree laying flatter!
We laughed and we cried as we stood it upright...
blaming each other for this pittiful sight.
While Dave held it straight and Jordan adjusted...
I just kept laughing and laughing and laughing (without cussing.)
So I knew that I must write this blog poem
to share with you some happy news from our home,
for every year I ask myself thus,
"Why does this always happen to Us?"

1 comment:

Tina said...

Classic...I LOVE it!! Even better in poem form ;-)
Miss ya!