Saturday, December 20, 2008

We are off with NO kids!!!

In about 6 hours Dave and I will be off on our own to New York City!!!! Yeah!!! The presents are wrapped (thanks to a little elf named Sophia), the cookies are baked, the ham is in the fridge and the plans have been made with the fam. So we are so excited to get three days to explore the Big Apple and have some fun without someone tugging at our shirts, whining for a binky or screaming because their sibling hit/pinched/bit them...

Today was pretty funny though...I decided to take a break mid-day to relax a bit and watch a flick with Sophia. Thanks to Lily, who woke up Oliver right before this wonderful planned relaxing afternoon, we had to be on Destroyer Duty... My little elves had joyously finished wrapping all our gifts today and were very anxious to put them under the tree. I had been holding off on this due to my fear that someone might tear into them when I wasn't looking. Well as we sat there on the chair with our eyes glued to Mamma Mia, we heard a, "rip, tear, eeeeeee!!!" And we were like, "OOOOLLLLIIIVVVEEERRRR!!!!!" You guessed it, he first got the bow and then rip, right into the gift...thankfully it was one of Sophia's that she had wrapped for herself! A shrinky dink kit...I warned Shanae about this when she came tonight to settle in for her three days of fun!

Have a great pre-Christmas scramble...see you when we come back from Broadway!

No comments: