Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Talk about a 'CRAPPY' Day...(literally)

Yesterday was about the crappiest day I've had in a LONG time! It had started out with great plans. The two little ones had Moms Day Out (MDO) scheduled so I planned a short shopping trip with a friend and lunch. Unfortunately the regularly scheduled programming was interrputed by some univited activity. First, as usual my dear friend was not ready when I arrived to pick her up. So I texted her with 'I'll be back' and headed into MDO to drop off the little ones. When I got out of the car there a woman yelled out her window, "You know they are closing at noon!" "WHAT???" When we got inside we found a note taped to the elevator that said they were closing due to the gas lines being turned off outside and there would be no heat. I was disgusted. It totally ruined my whole day. I had plans, who were they to close early without any prior warning! So I did what any other normal worn-out mother would do, I dragged the kids upstairs to announce we would not be attending today and complained! (Next time I complain about something like that...someone please SLAP ME!)

Back to the car, buckle up, and head over to pick up my friend (who now is waiting outside in her driveway in spike heels). I explained what was happening as we drove home to drop the kids off with Shanae, thank goodness for Shanae that she was not busy and could come over. I really needed to get a way a bit with no kids. Dave is gone this week so it's all me 24/7 with them. After a successful drop-off we decided to change plans and head South instead of North and ended up in Hagerstown at Pier 1. That's when the trouble really started. My cell rings and it's Shanae, explaining there's water coming out of the drain in the shower and the toilet and into the laundry bath. I tell her to turn off the washer and I will call plumber Fred. No answer, for a few hours. I call back and ask her to get Jordan and to turn off the water and pumps in the electrical box. Success...but still water coming out. My friend and I are now at Marshall's when she calls again to tell me the water is coming out of the front bath too and it's brown and it's pretty bad. I'll be right home...I scream to my friend, "We gotta check out NOW!!!"
When I got home it was a huge mess...apparently the septic clogged and backed up. I had to call around to get someone to come out to pump it out and fix it. Thankfully for Chamberlain and Wingert, Roy was awesome and saved us a ton of $$ on Mr. Drain Cleaner!


So this was my day...waiting around for Roy and then cleaning up the bathrooms and about 25 soken sopping sewage water towels and clothes from the laundry room...Luckily my friend was still here to help. I decided to clean up the bathroom, etc. later because it was now time to pick up the kids from school.

After picking up the kids we stopped at Walmart where our day just gets better and better...(NOT) As we are walking around Walmart getting groceries my friend starts to see some guy that she thinks she knows. She thinks she knows him only because he is staring her down and following us around. Literally, he stalked us the entire way around the store, no cart, no basket, no groceries, nothing. Everywhere we went the guy was there...within 10 feet of us. When we got to the checkout he was standing behind a rack of clothes and the card aisle. I was pretty upset by this time (and a bit paranoid) so I said, "I'll be right back." I went over to him and confronted him with this:

  • Do you have a problem?
  • No
  • Are you sure?
  • No
  • Do you work here?
  • No
  • Are you security, do you think we stole something?
  • No
  • Is it my kids, me, my friend? You've been following us around this store. Everywhere we go you are there. Are you a pedifile? You are making us very uncomfortable.
  • I'm sorry.
  • I'm sorry. (and he walked away)

I walked back to the line and told the cashier and there was a young man working behind her that overheard, he got a look at the guy and then went to get a manager. They in turn went to the security cameras to find the location of the guy in the store. It was very strange and totally freaked us out! Stalked at Walmart at 3:30pm on a Tues. afternoon. Red baseball cap, white oversized sweatshirt, black hair, in mid 20's, no cart, nothing. Very wierd!

So next time my day starts out this way...hopefully not again soon, someone just slap me when I start complaining! And don't forget to get your septic pumped every 3 years! LOL

No comments: