Sophia really had fun learning about their plain lifestyle. I would have to say Shanae has it pretty good as an Old German Baptist (which we learned is really Bretheran). It was a beautiful day! I want to go back toward the Spring when it's a bit warmer and the markets are open.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Welcome to 'Intercourse'
OK OK get your mind back to a controled thoughtlife!!! When I asked my friend Erin what she wanted to do while she was here she replied, "Can we go see the Amish?" Of course! So even though it was Sunday and we knew nothing would be open, we headed to Lancaster in search of Amish. What fun we had! We basically stalked them, taking numerous photos of them driving the buggies around. We did find an Amish Farm House that was open for tour and then stumbled upon Aaron and Jessica's Buggy rides. That was so interesting and actually facinating. And the highlight was getting our photos taken at the Intercourse sign! LOL The most intriguing fact we learned was that Amish go South in the winter to....(drum roll please) Sarasota, Florida! NO crap....for real, I was totally shocked! Apparently they don't like the cold either!
Sophia really had fun learning about their plain lifestyle. I would have to say Shanae has it pretty good as an Old German Baptist (which we learned is really Bretheran). It was a beautiful day! I want to go back toward the Spring when it's a bit warmer and the markets are open.

Sophia really had fun learning about their plain lifestyle. I would have to say Shanae has it pretty good as an Old German Baptist (which we learned is really Bretheran). It was a beautiful day! I want to go back toward the Spring when it's a bit warmer and the markets are open.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment