I hate bedtime!!! Wild things seem to happen when the lights go out, the nighlights are on and the kids are NOT sleepy! I decided to take them to the YMCA to tire them out. It worked for Sophia and Oliver but not the other two. I had a MOMS Club meeting and needed the kids to go to bed on time and with no hassles. Isaac and Lily had other plans. They kept sneaking downstairs and laughing and running around. My friend Sara tried to get them back to bed and when she came back downstairs she said I was going to be mad...so I went up to see what was going on and they had taken all Lily's clothes out of her dresser and the bottom of her closet and threw them in a big pile in her tent! I was livid!!! Nothing makes me more mad than clothes thrown all over the place...needless to say, they each got their butts smacked and sent back to bed! I was trying so hard to discipline with time outs, sitting in the corner and to their bedroom...but this totally made me revert to the spank. I felt awful, all night when I was sleeping and in the morning. So when they woke up and came over to get me we talked about what they did wrong. It's all good now. THANK GOODNESS their little minds forget easily!
So my friend had a baby this weekend...so sweet and cute! I was seriously having baby fever, but after this week, I can live without it! I guess that feeling never goes away. The kids have really been pretty good lately. Their developing pesonalities are coming out and they all want to be right and be the ones to do whatever it is to be the leader. And Oliver, he just follows along and raids the snack cabinet every chance he gets!
We are getting ready to head to Loon Mountain, NH for a few days of skiing...I'm looking forward to getting away a bit and getting the kids outside! Saturday is Dave's birthday so we'll be celebrating in the car! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment