Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Heart's in San Francisco...

I'm leaving my heart in San Francisco!!! I love it here, it's truly my favorite city overall, even second to New York. Two weeks ago a college girl we use to babysit came home and was in need of a job so I said to Dave, "How about I go with you somewhere..." he was like, "When," and I was like, "Next week?!" LOL Fortunately for me he had a trip pending to San Fran and Lily and I got to tag along. We love Jennifer Wright!! She's taking care of our other three little ones while we take a mini-vaca...sans Dave who actually has to work while here. Hee Hee Hee

So today at 4:15 am we embarked on a very lively journey across the East Coast...I'ld like to say that it was enjoyable, but the plane ride was turbulant at times when Lily threw a fit and then copped a big attitude because she demaned her suitcase to get her barbies out and it was, well, checked! Thankfully we got her calmed down and then FINALLY landed in Oakland...well being so super busy because I was a procrastinator about packing (I packed my suitcase at 10pm the night before we left)! I forget the stroller! Of all things to forget...the freakin' stroller.

Dave's salesguy, Robert, picked us up at the Airport in between appointments. So I asked this really nice lady who was waiting for her ride like us, if there was a BabiesRUs or another kid type store around the area. Thankfully there was. So Lily is talking to this lady and asking her where her ride is. The lady says her friend is coming to pick her up, "Oh here she is..." and this old '85 conversion van pulls up and this sheman gets out of the van and opens the door to welcome the woman back home and gives her a big hug/kiss and the van looked like something out of a horror film where someone was held captive in the back...so they leave and Dave and I get into a debate whether or not that was a woman or a man. I clearly explain that the extremely butch looking person was a sheman and that they were lesbians, clearly Dave forgot that we are in the great city of San Fran where Prop 8 is alive and well and living here among the pretty row houses.

Then Robert arrives...and I ask him if we can stop at the BabiesRUs in Emeryville, which is apparently right off the Interstate on the way to San Fran. Well that was quite the adventure. For the sake of not calling a Spade a Spade - he and Dave traveling together and navigating the car in unfamiliar territory (even though Robert used to live here) is like Dumb and Dumber behind the wheel. Let's just say we made it to and from BabiesRUs with no shotgun holes to the car (thank GOD it was one of those large Caprise Classics that made us look like the CIA), we aggressively and defensively avoided a very near death experience as our driver took a U turn at the foot of the off ramp to the Interstate and nearly got sideswiped by a very large truck...and then after we finally made it to the Hotel and on the guys' way back from their meeting, Robert faithfully relied on his GPS (that he quoted saying earlier, they never steer you wrong) to take him 20 miles back out of his way to BabiesRUs on the trip home, as Dave signeled, "What, why are we going back to the Oakland Airport?" Needless to say, navigators they ain't and thank goodness Robert got the rental car insurance!!!!

The rest of the day was entertaining for us. Lily and I headed to Fisherman's Wharf and toured the sights! We rode the carousel, looked at the sea lions, searched every t-shirt shop for a sweatshirt because it's 60 degrees, windy and cool here! We also went to Hard Rock Cafe, dinner on the Wharf and had a bit earlier at the famous Boudin Sourdough Bread Factory...ummm good

The 3 hour time difference is killing me. I need to get some rest! My computer is giving me a hard time so until I get it restored, I'm using Dave's. Sorry friends, no photos at present! It's 10:46pm your time, 7:46pm my time, and that means BEDTIME for me since Lil just fell asleep! Until more adventures tomorrow...enjoy!!!

No comments: