Sunday, June 14, 2009

Beach Babes & Surfer Dudes















After literally a 24-hour roadtrip, we finally made it to Hilton Head Island, SC...it's beautiful here and over 90 degrees today. We got a late start Friday, but made it as far as Fayetteville, NC by 1:30am and camped out in a Holiday Inn - back on the road Sat. morning and pulled off 95 S. on Exit 8 at 3:30pm. I know, you are probably saying, what a longgggg trip...but totally worth it when you get here. I think I'ld actually like to convince Dave to buy a place here when we recover from the market crash. The beaches are beautiful and just so pristine and uncrowded...and flat...the kids love it. They can run and run and have lots of water to play in and beach to run. Ollie is a little weary of the ocean this year, but the other kids are total sufers...our townhouse is very nice. Our friends own this and we have rented it for years from them, it's close to the beach and there is a pool out back. Tonight I went for a run while the kids were swimming with Mom at the pool. My friend Susan and her two girls came along and she's doing all the cooking! Yeah! It's nice to have a personal chef along to take care of the meals! So far so good on the kid front...tomorrow we plan on biking in the a.m., hitting the beach, the pool and then go run around a bit at night.

Highlight of the day: since I lost my spare tire on Weight Watchers...I'm now down 23lbs (yeah!!!)...I bought a couple new bikinis and was determined to wear them. So today I got brave, because I'm super selfconscious, and put on the first of the bikinis...when we got to the beach and I took off my coverup Mom was like, that guy is staring at you...and then later I saw these Dads sitting there with I think an au pair and kids and they were like seriously looking at me. So I felt pretty darn good! Then...later at the pool the kids were swimming with Mom and I came out to tell her I was going for a run, and this guy was sitting there with his daughter and he asked me how many kids I had. I said 5, and left...Later when I came back Mom was like, that guy at the pool was telling he how good you looked and couldn't believe you have 5 kids, and he thought you were 27 years old!!! WOW and then Mom said he thought she was 40 (so seriously...he really has NO concept of age...but thanks dude for the compliment!) I think it's safe to say Dave...no worries sweetheart, I LOVE you!!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

MILF!! :) Good for you and your hard work!!