Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day First Grade

Today was Sophia's first day of first grade. She was super duper excited! She laid her clothes out last night and was up early and ready before anyone else. After we took some photos we loaded the car to drop Isaac off first. I was OK until I saw my friends' kids waiting for their bus and then saw the bus...then I lost it, cried the whole way to Falling Spring Elem. So I got there and she forgot her bookbag, so we went back to the car and the grass was wet, she fell, cried, and that set off a serious of A.M. unhappiness. The Principal put out this red paper carpet for the kids to walk in on, it was cute! We went in and she got settled and I wanted to take a photo...you can see how that turned out below. When I went to pick up she came outside holding hands with her friend Emma, it was soooo sweet! Successful first day, she loved it...she said it was great! My heart is glad!





While the kids were at school, the little ones and I went to Target to get coffee with other first day Moms...then we came home to have a visit from my oldest and dearest friend, Kristen, whom I have known since I was 15 years old in high school! We met in health class and became instant friends. High school was fun because she had an awesome convertible and we really had a blast driving around in it! She was the nice one, I was the troublemaker! We survived and have been friends forever, it was a fun afternoon to visit with her family.

No comments: