Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's a New Year...

Hello Friends...I haven't really blogged about our New Year...so here goes. Highlights
  • Spending New Year's Eve with some good friends and getting home in time to sleep through the Ball Drop.
  • Packing up and heading to Disney World to escape the cold, while little did we know the cold would haunt us there for a whole week! Go figure!
  • Celebrating Lily's 4th birhday at Disney was a whole lotta birthday, she loved it...she had a cupcake at every meal and was pampered, that pretty Lil' princess!
  • Heading to Dalls for a Women of Faith Group Leader training, it was a fabulous amazing experience. I met 3 women who are my sisters in Christ and life-long friends: Donna, Karen and Tam you ROCK girls!
  • Dave got a new job
  • Julie is writing a book
  • Oliver moved from his crib to his Thomas the Tank toddler bed
  • Lily moved from her toddler bed to a big Princess carriage bed
  • Sophia and I went skiing at Whitetail
  • Isaac is beginning to read
  • Jordan is hoping to attend an automotive technical trade school this fall
  • Tiffany is getting married in June

My weekend in Dallas at Women of Faith was absolutely amazing. I had never expected that it wouldturn out as it had. In fact, I had no expectations. First, I met 3 amazing women on the airplane and we became inseperable...what was funny about this was that even though we would have probably talked to each other, we would have never chosen each other as friends without God's nudge. But God did that for us, he put together a team of women from four different states to help cross the finish line. Here we are: me, Tam, Karen and Donna...

What an experience to worship God in the presence of 2000+ women, all who had one goal in mind, sharing God's power of transforming love with other women. There is no greater thing on this Earth than bringing people into God's Kingdom. Wanna enter? Ask me how...


Meeting Sheila Walsh was amazing and so awesome!!!

Here we are meeting Marilyn Meberg...she is a HOOT!! There is a random women in our photo, not sure who she is... This was an amazing weekend of meeting some wonderful Christian role models, authors, mentors, singers and worship leaders. It was mainly a training and connecting weekend to help us organize our groups for the events, and that was super helpful. Early on Thurs. I was talking with Maria Banks, below, and we spotted Mandisa on her way back from a workout, so we had to get our photo-op...(anybody remember her from American Idol?)

The most wonderful thing was to walk away not really knowing anyone except the couple women I met and became close to over the weekend, and now I have 50 new friends on FB, all of which have a common interest, God. I think this is super cool. The Women of Faith team made us feel like friends. I can't wait for August 27 & 28, it will be an exciting weekend in Washington, DC

Anita Renfroe, Lisa Harper, Lisa Welchel, Lucy Swindoll and Sandi Patty. Bless you all!

No comments: