Written on Thursday, January 14th at about noon...I’m sitting on an American Airlines flight to Dallas for a Women of Faith group leader event, of which I’m super excited about! Little did I know God would have this amazing FREE leader training event in-store for me when I signed on as this year’s group leader. This past year was my first Women of Faith and it didn’t take much to ‘hook’ me on the event. I’m strong in my Christian faith, but more importantly, I feel strongly about my call to bring others into God’s kingdom. Which leads me to…how can one live without God? I’m not so sure, but the woman beside me on the plane does not know the Lord and does not believe. I’m deeply saddened for her. During our conversation she rationalized her responses to my questions. I don’t blame her but I do feel sorry for her. I guess that when you don’t know God you really have no clue what you are missing…and when you do know God then you wonder how others cannot…at least I do.
I often think about this. Relationships take time and energy. A relationship with God is not unlike any relationship you would have with a friend, your mother, a relative, you child. It takes time for it to grow into trust, maturity, security, love. But unlike regular ‘human’ relationships, God will never forsake us or leave us. He gives us grace when we least expect it and don’t deserve it. Also, God is a good God and does what is best for us in his timing and within his plans. Do I believe God changes his plans? Yes, I do. I believe there are many different paths to getting to where God wants us to, some of us take the easy God-directed path, and then if you are anything like me, you take the self-directed long-hard-do-it-yourself path. (laughing inside!!!) Can you say ‘been there done that’!
I believe as humans we have a natural bent to sinning. You are not alone, me too, me too…nobody’s perfect. But as a Christian, I have a strong faith in the One who gives me strength and comfort, faith and opportunity, love and acceptance. I have God. You can have God too…ask me how!!!
As our flight is about 20 minutes to land…please pray for this woman beside me. I don’t know her name, or her circumstances, or her life story, or her heart…but God does and he is just waiting for her to open her heart to him.
On a side note, I've made some amazing new Christian women friends. I'm pretty sure God put us in touch with one another for several reasons. I'm excited to see God reveal them to me!
Blessings!
1 comment:
This is a beautiful post, Julie! Have a wonderful time in Dallas. And I will certainly pray for the woman you mentioned and all those who have yet to know Christ.
Post a Comment