Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dancing Divas

This past week has been exhausting and awesome all at the same. We spent several nights rehearsing for the girls' big show this weekend. Sophia was in all three shows because she is on the Penguin Rap Dance Team, but both girls' big night was Saturday. Lily couldn't wait, she wanted to know when her dance was and why she couldn't go with Sophia Friday night and Saturday afternoon. So when it came her time, she was super excited! I think by Saturday night Sophia was tired and a bit burned out. She didn't really want to get her photo taken, in fact, the photo with me is a look like, "MOM, get lost!"

All in all it was a fantastic weekend. Clarissa (Clarissa's School of Performing Arts) puts so much time, love and dedication into her performances. Her routines were entertaining and very well performed. All the dancers did very well and worked so hard toward this weekend. I love getting to know these young women, they are so caring and thoughtful. I'm thrilled that Sophia is part of a team of caring and talented dancers. She's really enjoyed the past year on dance team and I'm looking forward to the fall!

Here are some photos from the night...it was great that MaMa, Auntie Lisa, and Aunt Penny joined Dave and me to see the show, the girls were thrilled!





No comments: