Monday, June 7, 2010

Ponies and Strawberries

This is the first week of School's OUT (Montessori was out a week early) and I promised the kids we would do fun things this week before the other schools let out...so today we had a doc appt for Isaac and then decided to head to Gettysburg for the Land of Little Horses. It was so much fun, the kids loved it. There is alot to this place and we had fun feeding the ponies, watching the show, riding the ponies and goofing off around the farm. After that we headed toward home and stopped in Caledonia for some pizza. Oliver was asleep so we ordered the pizza and had a car picnic.
Then we stopped at the Drying Shed on the way home to pick strawberries. The kids were a big help, we picked almost 30lbs of berries and even ran into some school friends!
Today I got Jordan's address and I've been thinking about him alot and missing him too...so I made bags of strawberry puree to make strawberry lemonade, a strawberry shortcake, pie and a mandarin orange cake. Some of this is for our Moms Club E-board tomorrow night. We'll have an officer party to celebrate the old and new boards...
We ran into Kia and Kiana...the kids were taste testing...


Lily loves strawberries!

Isaac got a bunch!

Ollie's bucket was filled with rocks, missed the pictures on that one!


A moment...




















No comments: