I'm super supeR supER suPER sUPER SUPER excited to announce the creation of my own business, Capture Photography...by Julie Showalter! If you are my friend or remotely related to me then you know that I've had a passion, or more like an addiction, to photography for a looonnnnnggggg time. It started out with polariods, then went to a 35mm Canon point and shoot film camera, then a point and shoot digital Olympus, which Dave gave to me the first year we were together on my birthday, and then I upgraded to a Nikon SLR and eventually found my way to a Canon Rebel XTi and then the mother of all my cameras, a Canon EOS 7D. The Canon 7D, I must say, is my BFF of late.
I've been praying about turning this passion to a hobby for about a year. I have thought about it longer as the ideas have been flying in and out of my head for the past couple of years. But this past year I kept looking at photos online at different photographer's sites and thinking to myself, "I can do that, I can take that, I can do better, oh oh I think it would have looked good this way or that...I can do that!" So thus began the research and finally the nerve to just do it. I have to admit, I'm a bit scared and nervous. Anything worthwhile takes work and is not easy. This is a field that is not easy. I've been busy the past few weeks researching pricing for prints and CDs, writing content for a website/blog and putting session info and investment details together. I've also been soliciting some friends to allow me the privilege to Capture their children for my portfolio. It's been fun...but it's definitely work. Along with this comes more knowledge and more 'what to know' about my camera. I've gratefully had some help to get started by picking the brain of my friend Liz who knows ALOT about the Canon camera. I got curious about her knowledge and decided to buy some Canon 7D books to help me make my portraits go from better to great! I'm really enjoying learning so many new things about my camera an it's paying off, I can already see a difference in the way my photos look.
So for now, this is it, until I get my website/blog completed and my logo is finished...I have a Facebook page and feel free to check it out! I have a grand opening special right now thru March 15th. You can see my photos there too...and if you can do one thing for me, I would greatly appreciate a prayer for direction in this plan. Another important factor in this photography business will be how God can use me in it. I hope and pray a ministry will come out of it. I feel so blessed to be able to share my passion!!!
4 comments:
Blessings! Congrats!
Yippee Julie!!! This is so exciting! And I'm sure you'll do an amazing job!
I can't wait to see Emerson immersed in your creativity! I'm excited for our session!
You will be great!
Post a Comment