Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's Been a Long Time

Hello Friends! Here I go again, trying to be Super Woman and guess what, it just aint happen'!! OK so bad slang....but I just can not do it all. Just can not...so my blog posts will be few and far between for the next couple months. I'll try to give you the quick but mouthful update...

It's been a busy time. Sophia celebrated her 8th birthday this past week. She was sooo excited leading up to it that I felt bad because Ollie and Lily both got sick (Isaac had it the week before) and we had to cancel her dinner out. Instead we had pizza, homemade veggie soup and I made her a cake. Lily was helping me but then felt so bad that she couldn't even stand to lick the bowl, that's when I knew she was going down. But all in all it turned out good. Sophia was very happy to receive an iPod touch for her gift, and some gift cards to iTunes so she could load it up with games and music. Now every kid except Ollie has an iPod of some type and he is just so unhappy. He told me tonight that when he gets his iPod he wants me to put on Diego movies and Diego music because that is his very favorite! I think I may have to bend the Easter Bunny's ear and help him out, poor little guy, he loves music so much...I know he's only 3 but it's the generation of techies...I think soon enough kids will be born with an electronic device in their hands! LOL

Dave also had a birthday the week before Soph...and I wanted to do something special for him. Usually Daddy gets the shaft on his birthday so this year I decided to do something WILD and I scored Elton John tickets for him and took him away to NYC last weekend for some fun! We stayed behind Times Square at his favorite place, the Milford Plaza, and went to the half price book to get tickets to The Addams Family musical. It was FAN-TAS-TIC, I love Bebe Neuwirth!! I even got to meet her after, talk to her and have a very blurry photo taken of us. But it was just so awesome to me, definitely my highlight! Then we took the hop-on hop-off bus around for the two days we were there. We did the Harlem tour, that was interesting, walked through Central Park, went to the Henry Clay Frick Museum to see the Rembrandts and Renoirs, that was great! We then rode the bus into SoHo and went to lunch in Little Italy...walking back to our hotel only to hail a cab because my poor feet were beat!

That night we went to Madison Square Garden to see Elton John...it was phenomenal! He was amazing, incredible, as he played the piano for a solid 3 hours. Absolutely amazing!

This weekend we've been busy too as we don't stay still for long. Had a fun kiddie party and went to the movies...tomorrow the girls and I are headed to D.C. for Sophia's dance competition. Then Tues I'm happy to announce that I'm heading to Orlando for a 4 day photography conference!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait to go learn so much more about two Adobe programs and loads of photography stuff. I'm having fun with my business, it's slowly taking off and I'm glad not at such a fast pace. I have alot to do yet to get things set-up. I'm going to offer announcements, cards, etc. and need to get all the samples on my website.

Oh, and a friend and I are turning the big 4-0 soon, well he actually turned it this week, but his wife, my wonderful awesome friend, planned this fabulous birthday celebration for him and included me in the "birthday/pre-birthday" bash...she hired a limo, and not just any, but this huge long white w/ black top limo to come pick us up! Inside was packed full of friends to celebrate the night with us. We went to the Hauser Estate Winery for a night of fun, dancing, drinks and celebration! It was a blast! I loved it!!! I was shocked...cause my big day is still about a month away...but boy was it fun!!! I guess turning 40 won't be too bad as long as the parties keep on coming!?!? Ha Ha Ha

Well...til next time...remember...love God love people

Sophia's 8th Birthday!! We attempted to make a #8 cake but the cake didn't cooperate! so this was the result...something funky and different

Her reaction to her iPod...

What is life without a sister??? I wish I didn't know, but I'm so happy my girls have
one another and they love each other!!

Times Square, we're so tourists!!

gotta get a Crumbs cupcake...how to choose???
it was difficult! I went with the Smore's


We had to go to the Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park for a photo op...
Dave had never been there so I insisted!

I reveled in this part of the Park because they film alot of movies here, in this area they had
filmed a scene from Maid in Manhatten where Jennifer Lopez's character wore the white Dolce suit she borrowed from one of her guests....



Hello Friends! Here I go again, trying to be Super Woman and guess what, it just aint happen'!! OK so bad slang....but I just can not do it all. Just can not...so my blog posts will be few and far between for the next couple months. I'll try to give you the quick but mouthful update...

It's been a busy time. Sophia celebrated her 8th birthday this past week. She was sooo excited leading up to it that I felt bad because Ollie and Lily both got sick (Isaac had it the week before) and we had to cancel her dinner out. Instead we had pizza, homemade veggie soup and I made her a cake. Lily was helping me but then felt so bad that she couldn't even stand to lick the bowl, that's when I knew she was going down. But all in all it turned out good. Sophia was very happy to receive an iPod touch for her gift, and some gift cards to iTunes so she could load it up with games and music. Now every kid except Ollie has an iPod of some type and he is just so unhappy. He told me tonight that when he gets his iPod he wants me to put on Diego movies and Diego music because that is his very favorite! I think I may have to bend the Easter Bunny's ear and help him out, poor little guy, he loves music so much...I know he's only 3 but it's the generation of techies...I think soon enough kids will be born with an electronic device in their hands! LOL

Dave also had a birthday the week before Soph...and I wanted to do something special for him. Usually Daddy gets the shaft on his birthday so this year I decided to do something WILD and I scored Elton John tickets for him and took him away to NYC last weekend for some fun! We stayed behind Times Square at his favorite place, the Milford Plaza, and went to the half price book to get tickets to The Addams Family musical. It was FAN-TAS-TIC, I love Bebe Neuwirth!! I even got to meet her after, talk to her and have a very blurry photo taken of us. But it was just so awesome to me, definitely my highlight! Then we took the hop-on hop-off bus around for the two days we were there. We did the Harlem tour, that was interesting, walked through Central Park, went to the Henry Clay Frick Museum to see the Rembrandts and Renoirs, that was great! We then rode the bus into SoHo and went to lunch in Little Italy...walking back to our hotel only to hail a cab because my poor feet were beat!

That night we went to Madison Square Garden to see Elton John...it was phenomenal! He was amazing, incredible, as he played the piano for a solid 3 hours. Absolutely amazing!

This weekend we've been busy too as we don't stay still for long. Had a fun kiddie party and went to the movies...tomorrow the girls and I are headed to D.C. for Sophia's dance competition. Then Tues I'm happy to announce that I'm heading to Orlando for a 4 day photography conference!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait to go learn so much more about two Adobe programs and loads of photography stuff. I'm having fun with my business, it's slowly taking off and I'm glad not at such a fast pace. I have alot to do yet to get things set-up. I'm going to offer announcements, cards, etc. and need to get all the samples on my website.

Oh, and a friend and I are turning the big 4-0 soon, well he actually turned it this week, but his wife, my wonderful awesome friend, planned this fabulous birthday celebration for him and included me in the "birthday/pre-birthday" bash...she hired a limo, and not just any, but this huge long white w/ black top limo to come pick us up! Inside was packed full of friends to celebrate the night with us. We went to the Hauser Estate Winery for a night of fun, dancing, drinks and celebration! It was a blast! I loved it!!! I was shocked...cause my big day is still about a month away...but boy was it fun!!! I guess turning 40 won't be too bad as long as the parties keep on coming!?!? Ha Ha Ha

Well...til next time...remember...love God love people


5 comments:

The Glorious & The Brave said...

I always look forward to your blog posts, but totally understand your wild and crazily busy life!

Unknown said...

wow.nice..
http://entertainment-king.blogspot.com/

Engineer said...

I want to eat the food in the cupboard ha ha

ayesha said...

you are really a wonderful women...this is how the one should live in romance with life..

dogcote said...

Nice Pics..,


If anyone desire to get the full information about Puppy or dogs please click on these hypertext :-- puppy for sale | house training puppy | Basics of Dog Training | Dog Learning Style