RVs are not meant for Winter and I mean it! You cannot believe the last 30 hours we've had...last night when we went back to the RV (which I thought would be an adventure to rent and a lot of fun) after dinner we got a phone call, now it was about 9:30 pm, to tell us the man who let us in forgot to turn on the hot water switch. So I was like, OK no prob, we'll have it by morning. He also didn't change out the Dish box so we had no TV either. We were tired anyway so we watched a movie. I then discovered we had no water either. It was late so we decided to wait it out. Come morning, 5:45am to be exact (2 hour time delay here so Sophia was up and ready for the day), still no water. I sent the guy a text to let him know and he replies he called the service man. To make a long story short, we were told to use the bathhouse next to the office building (which was closed). So Dave put on his clothes, hat, boots and coat and went made the trek to the bathhouse. It was 11 degrees at this time and the parking lot was snow covered...Dave returns, you need a code he says! WHAT, so I text the guy, he text back he doesn't know it! I was so mad...
I immediately told him we wanted a refund and that we were moving to a hotel. So he says, "Well if we get it fixed and the water back on do you want to come back?" WHAT, is he smokin' some joe or what??? I was like, "NO." Here we go now, packing up all our luggae and we do not travel light, and move to our new location thanks to http://www.hotels.com/.
Arrive at lodging destination #2 it's now 8:30am. Thankfully God was looking out for us and the room was supposed to be clean and ready. It was not...so we call the desk and let themknow and tell them it's OK to come clean it while we are gone and that we'll just put our luggage in the corner. So Dave luggs it inside, stacks it up and we leave to get Sophia to ski school on time. Mind you the kitchenette was full of dirty dishes, leftover food, trash and the bed was a mess, towels everywhere and it was pretty smelly. So we head to the Mountain and the skiing was unbelievable and AWESOME...
Return to the room...still DIRTY!!! All the housekeeper did was make the bed! We were totally livid...so we called and they gave us a new room, now it's up a flight of stairs and actually a bit nicer but still a dive. This is what you get for $132 a night out here...at least they have WiFi. That's a plus!
I think we'll be staying here tonight! I can't get the photos of the day's adventures uploaded, I'll keep working on it, stay posted...
No comments:
Post a Comment