Saturday, February 21, 2009

UTAH....take me away...

Pack my bags, pack my clothes, pack my scrapbook room, pack up my kids (and my MOM), I'm NOT coming home! I totally love it here! In fact, had I discovered this 15 years ago, I'ld be a 'local' by now. This place is freakin' awesome!!! Today was just the most beautiful magnificent day a skier could ever have. The sun was hot, the sky was clear blue with not a cloud in sight and the runs were incredible. We ventured across the mountain today to new terrain for us, including riding to the top of the Jupiter Bowl. Now that was exciting! Dave was pretty freaked out because he doesn't like heights, but I was in love...miles and miles of beautiful mountain peaks. So we headed down the blue (for you non-skiers, green = easy, blue = advanced, black = expert and then there is avalance terrain). Here we go...down the blue, nice and smooth, until Dave takes a wrong turn and we end up in a glade beneath the chair lift. I totally nailed the snow, minus face plant, plus body plant...I'm not sure where Dave went or how he got back in or why, but he decided to ski back into the glade once he got out to look for me! WRONG...it was vertical and full of mogels. We made it and laughed at the end and laughed. Then we decided it was Miller Time...

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful but fun. Sophia loved her ski lessons, she went to Signature 3 Ski School and learned to make a wedge, stop and turn. She also road the Magic Carpet and had fun with her instructor, a retired 60+ year old guy who she just adored! Runs end at 4 so we then headed to the Ice Skating Rink at The Lodge upon Sophie's request. I was a bit nervous about this but decided to go for it. We both rented skates and heading to the rink. At first she was nervous and scared, but they have these ice walkers you use to get started for kids. I was surprised at how well I did...after one lap around and a smaller pair of skates, I was instructing an Indian man on how to skate. I was like the hit of the rink! It was hillarious! I was skating backward, doing circles and having a good time. It's just too bad my feet hurt so bad from my ski boots I didn't last long. Sophia actually lasted 2 hours on the ice and eventually ended up skating by herself with no assistance (this could be her thing!)

Highlight from Today: While Sophia was ice skating, I decided to do a little shopping. While I was gone, Dave was asked by this woman who was at the rink with her daughter (who made friends with Sophia) if he could watch the girl while she went to the bathroom. She proceeded to tell him that after she was pregnant she had bladder problems and had to pee and was afraid she would do it all over the rink and then the ice would be yellow. So would he mind (of course he said he would watch her). So then the lady asks him if he wants a shot or two of Jack Daniels from a flask in her backpack! He was like...NO THANKS...I have to say she was a bit wierd!

Stay tuned for Day 3 tomorrow as we hit Deer Valley! Nighty-Night

No comments: