Jordan has decided to enter the military. He signed his Marine Corps papers yesterday and is off to take his ASFAB and PE test. Tomorrow is the swearing in and then he just waits for a call for boot camp. I'm very proud of him, as he has been lacking direction and couldn't seem to decide if he wanted to go to college or not. I'm also very sad in that everyday we hear of so many of our military men and women being bombed, shot, or killed by something. It really scares the crap out of me. I'm happy he wants to serve our Country but at the same time somewhat saddened that he will be leaving home. I am certain that he will transform from a boy to a man during the entire boot camp and training experience. I hope that he will commit himself to the Marines longterm as he hasn't been able to commit himself to anything longterm except his girlfriend Megan. It's hard to believe that my baby is grown up, he's almost 20. I still remember him being so excited to watch cartoons in his batman underware, wearing them backwards so he could see the picture, and a cape made out of a towel. He was such a happy kid, always loved to play.
Keep him in your prayers for safety. God be with him.
1 comment:
Your son is a great American! Just remember that the odds of having something to happen in an auto accident are far greater than getting hurt in the military. When he gets settled in let us know and we can send him cards etc.
Post a Comment